This year, we’re offering a $3,000 college scholarship to a graduating high school senior who knows why credit union membership is good for families and the local community. Interested? Grab your camera or smartphone and start planning out your video. Then just post it to YouTube and send in your completed application. The rest of the details are below.
- Applicant must be a member of St. Helens Community Credit Union with accounts in good standing at the time of application.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must have a grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicant must attend an accredited college or university for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Video submission: content relevance, creativity, production quality, execution, viral feedback – 50%
- Academic achievement – 25%
- Community involvement & extracurricular activities – 25%
- Applicant must submit a completed online application at www.shcu.org/scholarship.
- Video must be 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length and based on the following: “How is credit union membership good for families and the community?”
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube and URL link to video must be supplied on scholarship application. All videos become property of St. Helens Community Credit Union.
- An official high school transcript showing total cumulative GPA should be sent directly from the school in a sealed, stamped envelope to: St. Helens Credit Union, Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 537, St. Helens, OR 97056.
Completed application, video and official transcript must be submitted or postmarked by March 31, 2017.
Click here for complete 2017 Video Scholarship Terms and Conditions (pdf).
Our 2017 Video Scholarship is now closed. Please check back for the 2018 Video Scholarship details.
Video must address the contest theme and must not have been submitted to any other competition or contest. Video must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including copyright and local, state and federal communication laws. Video must be the original work of the entrant. Video must not contain objectionable or inappropriate content, and must not state or imply that it is published by or affiliated with the Credit Union. The Credit Union is not responsible for any submissions that violate these rules. Any submissions deemed in violation of these rules, in the Credit Union’s sole and complete discretion, will be disqualified without notice. By entering the contest, you consent to the use of your name, likeness, and video in St. Helens Community Federal Credit Union promotional materials in any media without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
Once submitted, the video may not be modified, edited or replaced by the entrant.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 15th.