St. Helens Community Federal Credit Union (SHCU), located in Columbia County, Oregon, was originally formed to serve the employees of the St. Helens Pulp and Paper Company and the Jaite Company. It was formed as a member-owned non-profit cooperative to help meet the financial needs of these employees and their families.
Over the years, SHCU has expanded their field of membership to include anyone who lives, works, attends school, volunteers, or worships in Columbia County or Sauvie Island, Oregon. In 1989, the name of the credit union was changed to St. Helens Community Federal Credit Union in order to better reflect its membership base.
The success of our credit union has been based upon the commitment of credit union volunteers and members since 1938.