Director of Business Services
The credit union is seeking an experienced business lender to lead its business services team. This position reports to the COO and is responsible for the management and oversight of a loan portfolio in excess of $50 million. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with key commercial and consumer accounts as well as community leaders, a minimum of three years commercial underwriting experience, and background in managing and motivating staff. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is a proven track record in demonstrating growth and results in building a commercial services program. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Business Services Representative
Prepares all commercial loan documents, completes monthly/quarterly board reports, maintains loan files, booking all commercial loans and disbursing funds. Also provides backup to the other positions in the commercial department. A consistently high standard of professionalism, accuracy, and interpersonal skills are required for this position.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide required maintenance of all existing commercial loans, including monitoring as outlined in loan policy, collection of financial information, and other updates to the file as required. Understand and provide insight to financial documents and tax forms.
- Prepare all commercial loan and supporting documents, book loans into core system, assure proper disbursement of funds, and assist with quality control checks.
- Provide backup support for other commercial job positions. Assist with various support functions, such as site inspections, appraisal reviews, and maintaining UCC filings and collateral insurance.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly commercial loan reports for Board of Directors and Senior Management.
- Provide consistent professional service to internal and external members.
- Promote Credit Union services to current and potential members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge & Skills
Experience: Two years of experience in the financial industry with an emphasis in the commercial lending field preferred.
Education: Completion of specialized course study in commercial lending through a financial institution or equivalent banking industry business.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrate ability to work independently, provide a high level of confidentiality and trust to others, show respect for co-workers and supervisors, willing to accept change and work as a team to meet departmental and Credit Union goals.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze data quickly and efficiently.
- Good understanding of basic computer software and various programs used within the commercial department and Credit Union.
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of commercial products and services, as well as financial documents, including personal and business tax returns and financial statements, both personal and business related.
- Accuracy in all levels of work and job performance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all other Credit Union products and services.
This positions reports to the Director of Business Services. This is a full-time position with benefits (Health, Dental, Disability and Life).
This position is responsible for providing financial analytical support to the SVP/CFO and Senior Management in the areas of Asset/Liability Management, interest rate risk and portfolio analysis. Assist in the preparation of financial statements, responsible for generation and analysis of statistical reports and support business units by providing profitability reporting and operational expense budget data. Successful candidate will possess excellent project management skills, strong analytical abilities and a basic understanding of Asset Liability Management. Bachelor's degree and/or experience at a credit union or financial institution preferred.
Part-Time Member Service Representative
Two positions available - one in St. Helens and one in Rainier.
Our Member Service Representative/Teller positions are responsible for processing a variety of member account transactions and providing prompt and accurate services. You will actively seek opportunities to build member value by uncovering member needs and making recommendations for service enhancements and business partner referrals. You will assist Credit Union members in a friendly, positive and professional manner and ensure that they have the best service experience possible.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing prompt, efficient, confidential, and accurate service to members while processing their transactions.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit; verifying the amount and examining checks for proper endorsement; handling, managing, and balancing currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer.
- Understanding of Credit Union products and services thoroughly and demonstrating the ability to articulate and discuss the features and benefits of each.
- Finds solutions for member questions and challenges. Corrects account errors and problems. Ensures that all available resource materials and options are utilized and exhausted whenever possible to arrive at a resolution.
- Champions the Credit Union Difference and accurately assess member eligibility/member needs.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months or more of cash handling, customer service, and computer skills preferred.
Education: A high school education or GED.
- Exceptional telephone and personal etiquette with a friendly, open, up-beat manner.
- High degree of organizational ability required in order to provide prompt attention to member requests while meeting deadlines for processing work.
- Ability to accurately and consistently follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must have ability to interpret and explain Credit Union policy and transactions posted to members' accounts. Must adhere to Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Must be comfortable recognizing opportunities and recommending products and services to meet member's financial needs while building rapport and lasting relationships.
- Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch.
- Accurate with numbers and names.
- Ability to complete simple mathematical computations accurately.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must be bondable.
Hours: Part-time; approximately 20-29 a week with flexibility for filling in for team members as needed.
Benefits: PTO, Part-time (4 hours) holiday pay, and 401K plan. All positions include a 90-day introductory period.
We hire for attitude and train for skill!
We are a positive influence in the lives of our communities!
To apply for a position, please download the employment application here. Submit cover letter, resume, and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper copies may be mailed directly to the credit union Attn: HR Department, St. Helens Community Federal Credit Union, PO Box 537, St. Helens, OR 97051 or faxed to 503.397.0078. PLEASE no phone calls or drop-ins.
SHCU is an equal opportunity employer.